Did you know the Silhouette electronic die cutting machine has tons of different media that you can die cut in their machines, it’s not just for paper! I recently tried out several fun products like the Printable Cotton Canvas and Printable Magnet Paper. I made the adorable snowman holiday ornament by doing a print and cut technique, printing a digital snowman stamp in black onto the canvas. Adding my text was easy, I was able to fill in the color so it printed in red. I used a label die shape to cut out around my snowman and then cut another blank label the same shape and size. I used markers to color in my digital image and added puffy paint to the hat. Then I sandwiched the two sticky backed canvas die cuts together with a little batting inside and also added a ribbon. I made a cute tree ornament in no time!
For my next project I used the magnet paper and two of the Silhouette Harry Potter images and did another print and cut, now my fridge is all ready for the next Quidditch World Cup!! I was amazed at how well both the canvas and magnet papers cut and how clear the printed images were! I think I could have sat and made magnets all day!
So now’s your turn to try out some of these products for yourself……..
From today through Oct. 24th you can get some terrific deals on some of the best Silhouette specialty media. Visit Silhouette and use promo code: GOSSIP at check out, there are 3 ways to save:
(1) The following list of specialty media plus a Silhouette CAMEO® for $269.99 (savings over $120 from retail cost $383.90)
- 1 cardstock essentials pack (new product)
- 1 pack printable adhesive kraft paper (new product)
- 1 pack printable clear sticker paper
- 1 pack temporary tattoo paper
- 1 pack printable cotton canvas (new product)
- 1 pack chipboard
- 1 pack printable silver foil
- 1 pack printable magnet paper
- 1 pack double-sided adhesive
(2) Or all of the above listed specialty media plus a Silhouette Portrait™ for $129.99 (savings over $110 from retail cost $263.90)
(3) or if you already own a Silhouette you can get 30% off on all specialty media
By Heather Holbrook